ICLAD - The International Level Crossing Awareness Day
The UIC is the worldwide international organisation of the railway sector. The UIC mission is to promote the rail transport at world level and meet the challenges of mobility and sustainable development.
Main UIC objectives:
- facilitate the sharing of best practices among members (benchmarking)
- support members in their efforts to develop new business and new areas of activities
- propose new ways to improve technical and environmental performance
- promote interoperability, create new world standards for railways (including common standards with other transport modes)
- develop centres of competence (High Speed, Safety, Security, e-Business, …)